Online Video Strategy
Video has always been one of the most engaging ways to communicate. You’ve got everything right there, visuals, words, sounds. But let’s face it. Video can be expensive. You know it. We know it. Plum can help you define a video strategy that will give you the biggest bang for your buck and maximize your return on investment.
According to a recent report*, 60% of marketers said they would be increasing their spend in this category for 2012. Content marketing can take a lot of different forms including, blogs, whitepapers, webinars and…you guessed it…video. Here’s how we can help you define a video strategy to incorporate into your content mix:
Step 1: Discovery
- We work with your team to identify areas where you can incorporate video into your internal/external web presence. Here we address the mix and quantity of content you need.
- Working with our partners, we can help you identify an online video platform (OVP) specific to your current needs and scale to fit future needs.
- Once the logistics have been hammered out, we develop an efficient production schedule and production strategy that will enable you to provide a steady stream of content to syndicate through your marketing channels.
Step 2: Production
After a production strategy has been defined, we get to work producing your content, which includes:
- Post Production (Graphics & Editing)
- Meta Data Creation
- Compression tailored to your specific needs/users
Step 3: Distribution
Once your content has been produced & compressed for online delivery it’s time to distribute it. Plum can assist you with the following:
- Uploading & organizing assets into your OVP
- Creating video site maps
- Creating branded players & playlists
- Optimizing playback for mobile devices
- Creating your branded YouTube channel
- Integrating video content into custom apps
Step 4: Maintenance
All the hard work is done! You can walk away right? Not so fast. Regular maintenance is key to keeping things fresh and conversations going. Plum can work with you on a retainer basis to:
- Update content in your library according to a pre-determined content strategy
- Syndicate content to your various channels
- Adjust meta data as needed
- Moderate viewer comments & respond on behalf of your company to keep users engaged
Step 5: Analytics & Measurement
To help you maximize your return on investment, Plum can track the activity on your video content, report our findings and provide you with recommendations. What content is most effective? How are people finding it? How long are people watching? Which syndication channel is most valuable? Who is my audience?
We do our best to provide answers to those questions and can help you tweak your video strategy to get better results. We’re kinda geeky that way.
* MarketingProfs | B2B Content Marketing: 2012 Benchmarks, Budgets & Trends